This Generational Equity video features a number of business owners who have successfully sold their business discussing their experience preparing their business for sale and ultimately closing deal.
The key concept in this video is market timing and how important it is for a business owner to be proactive about preparing his or her business for sale so as to be ready when the market timing is right.
Generational Equity Video: Market Timing
In case you do not have time to watch the full video, here are a few of the points made by the business owners regardingtiming and its importance in the process of selling businesses.
- Start early and don’t wait – There are a lot of things that can be done before you even spend a dime on the process of getting your business ready for sale.
- Be “ ” – Understand what value you place on your company and what sale price you would accept if offered.
- Be aware of the market conditions – Are tax laws expected to change? Are there other factors at play that will or could influence when the best time to sell will be?
- Market timing – Be ready to strike while the iron is hot (and, almost as importantly, before it’s cold).
- Have an experienced adviser – Partnering with who have experience in preparing a business for sale and identifying potential buyers is important.
© 2011All Rights Reserved