Cyber attacks are not a business threat that should be taken lightly. The risks that data breaches pose are just as large for small businesses as they are for big businesses. Hackers don’t ignore a company because it doesn’t have the brand recognition that Coca-Cola has.
Sometimes smaller companies have less security, which makes it easier for hackers to obtain confidential information. Because every company has some privileged information, we’ve created a handy list of helpful articles onso you can learn more about them and how to prevent them.
Why You Should Be Concerned About Cyber Attacks
- Why Small Businesses Should Fear Data Breaches As Much As Big Companies [Infographic] – According to data collected by the U.S. Secret Service, small business-targeted computer breaches made up a whopping 63% of all cyber crimes reported in 2010, up from 27% in 2009.
- Top 3 Reasons Why A Hacker Would Target Your Business Website – Whether your business website is a simple online marketing brochure or a complex e-commerce site that processes credit card payments, all are being targeted by hackers. The link above gives you three specific reasons why.
- As A Middle-Market Business Owner, Are You Safe From Cyber Attacks? – If you store any sensitive information on your network (and we all do), you could be a target for a hacker.
- Volume of Cyber Attacks Continues To Make the Internet Feel Like the Wild, Wild West – It now seems like nearly every day we are hearing about major U.S. corporations that are coming under recurring cyber attacks. Find out why by clicking on the link above.
Protecting Your Business From Cyber Attacks
- Password Policies – Cyber Protection You Can Implement Today – One basic security measure many overlook is a simple focus on their individual and company password policies.
- How To Keep Your Business IT System Secure – Part I – The first part in a series that provides ways to keep your company’s information safe.
- How To Keep Your Business IT System Secure – Part II – Wrapping up the series, this article provides five more ways to ward off unwelcome cyber visitors.
Want to learn more about growing your business? Download a free copy of Building and Exiting a Desirable Business today.