We start off this digest with a bookmark-worthy piece that identifies key traits your M&A advisors should have. Then we answer common questions such as:
- How can I get my business ready for sale?
- How do I learn more about selling my company?
- How do I find buyers for my business?
- And more!
To read the full articles, just click on the headlines and you’ll be learning M&A secrets in a jiffy.
How do you know if you’ve found a qualified M&A advisory team? Which traits should you look for and what discussion should you have? Here are suggestions.
“Based on our experiences throughout the years, there are three broad areas that buyers look closely at:
- Internal Preparation – Has the seller positioned the company for sale?
- External Orientation – Has the seller created a culture that looks outwardly?
- Sustainable Future – Has the seller anticipated the future and its changes?
Each of these areas is equally important when professional buyers examine any acquisition opportunity. Let’s briefly analyze each.”
Business owners can easily find professionals to help with taxes and, but where do they turn for planning and M&A advice?
Besides hiring a veteran M&A advisor team, business owners also need an M&A attorney, M&A CPA, and wealth manager to successfully sell their company.
“The great news that we are glad to share is that most analysts believe that rates will have to rise much faster, and get much higher, to impact M&A activity – the current seller’s market is simply that strong.”
We review traits an optimal buyer should have, how much time you’ll spend finding several and how to go about it.
© 2016 Generational Equity, LLC. All Rights Reserved.